Click for Video
A flower which is also known by the name ‘Bloom’ or ‘Blossom’ is the reproductive structure commonly found in flowering plants. They are specialized plant structures which produce pollen and where seeds develop within an enclosing fruit. According to several scientific studies, flowers have numerous benefits such as improving your health, promote healing and reduce stress.
Let us discuss the benefits of flowers in detail.
- Flowers are a great way to de-stress and stimulate the brain. According to a research conducted on older adults, it is found that those who keep flowers performed much better in their memory tests. On the other hand, placing plants and flowers in the premises of the workplace helps in stimulating the minds of the workers by enabling them to concentrate and produce high-quality work.
- Studies have proven that flowers help in alleviating anxiety, depression and encourage compassion towards others. The presence of flowers in hospitals helps in reducing the healing time. Horticultural therapy which is a formal practice using plants and flowers is conducted to promote the well-being of patients. They have the capability of re-introducing humidity into the atmosphere by releasing water thereby clearing the nasal passages.
- Flowers are regarded as an epitome of life, growth, fertility, and renewal. They are the indicators of the approaching spring after a long period of winter which stirs up happy emotions in people’s mind. That is one reason why we gift flowers to people to express our love and affection.
- Most of the flowers which provide flavor and nourishment can be consumed. They are widely used in preparing tea, wine, jams, and jellies. Some of the flowers which are safe for eating include mustard, clary sage, safflower, cattails, water hyacinth, water lilies, and marjoram.
- Color Therapy: Flowers enhance mood through color and fragrance. Some of the common colors such as yellow, peach, warm pink and subtle greens are mentally stimulating colors whereas pinks and purples trigger a sense of comfort, intimacy, and nostalgia. Aesthetically pleasing colors include red, orange and hot pinks. Blue, green and purple are soothing colors. A combination of bright and bold colored flowers stimulates a message of celebration.
- Aromatherapy: It is the process of producing natural oils from flowers, bark, stems and leaves to enhance psychological as well physical well-being of the patients. The inhaled aroma produced from these oils helps in reviving the brain function.
Flowers are regarded as the epitome of charm and beauty. It is an integral part of festivals and rituals. Sending flowers online to your loved ones is a common activity found today. It is one of the best ways to convey your love and affection. An individual can choose flowers of any shape, size or color and send it to their friends or relatives.
One of the major benefits you gain from ordering and sending flowers online is that you can save time rather than visiting a nearby flower shop.[ad_2]
Source by Bipasha Lal